As an owner of a small business you are passionate about your craft – but probably not bookkeeping.
Auctus is here to help you with all the small business accounting functions from structuring your business at startup through to strategic planning, and optimising for growth.
SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTING
We know how to keep your business on track, and have many time and money saving tips and tricks to take the pain out of small business accounting.
Financial statements provide a snapshot of your business’ performance, operations, and cashflow. We produce reports that are meaningful, with advice on how to read and analyse the information – without the jargon – to help you find the information you seek, and guide and educate you on your business growth journey.
An essential function of any new-age business, accurate records allow you to take control of your financial health. We provide bookkeeping support to facilitate all your small business accounting requirements, including the preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, appraisals, planning purposes, and more. We’ll also provide you with useful information and constructive advice tailored to your business.
Often complex and varying from business to business, our tax experts tailor our services to meet your business needs. Whether it’s on-going tax compliance, streamlining your processes, or a simple tax return, we are here to make sure you meet your legal requirements and business goals. Here at Auctus, we can help you with:
- Company, Trust, Partnership and Individual returns
- Advice on tax payments
- Tax/GST/FBT/RWT/PAYE/ACC obligations and business health checks
- Effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any IRD audits or disputes
- Access to Tax Pooling to manage cashflow
- Tax type registrations
We are seekers. Our bookkeeping team can facilitate the administration and filing of your business’ returns. Through our extensive experience, we’ve curated robust systems for recording your relevant GST information, without placing a strain on your daily operations. Our team understand your obligations and the implications on you and your business.
If you’d prefer to complete your own GST returns but like the idea of a guiding hand, we can help you with the review process before you file. This educated feedback loop can minimise errors that could cost your business later. We’re here to help you through:
- Preparing GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Sale/Purchase of property
- Consulting advice on specific transactions
If you need a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, we’re here to help. At Auctus, we want you to fly through your payroll, to eliminate costly mistakes during pay runs, and provide assistance so you can tackle your payroll without errors. What can we help you with?
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, and annual leave
- IR-filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analysis of staff costs
- Advice on schedular payments and RWT
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
- Xero Payroll, Thank-you Payroll, PayHero, PaySauce
Cashflow Forecasting & Budgets
Failing to plan is planning to fail. At Auctus, we delve deeper into the cashflow in your business, and provide guidance on changes you could implement. When you’re assigned an advisor, they will sit with you to create a cashflow forecast customised to your business, then curate goals, with an actionable plan.
We act as a guide for people on their business growth journey. We’ll hold you accountable and teach you the difference between profit and cash by taking a closer look at your businesses cash conversion cycle.
We go beyond the basics of small business accounting to offer real-world, real-time advice and innovative market responses. We’re in this together – whether it’s walking the walk or talking the tech talk.
Strategic Planning – Life Cycle
- Startup – New to business? We have a team of experts who can help you every step of the way. Business plans, business structure, cashflow projections, budgets, trading forecasts – we’ll take the guess work out and walk closely with you to guide you through the early days. From bank finance applications, registration with the Companies office and IRD, we’re here to enlighten your journey.
- Emerging – Ready to grow your business? Don’t worry, we’ve been there! The Auctus team are here to act as your advisors, supporting you on your growth journey and guiding you through this stage of your business’ life. We’ll help with cashflow forecasting, systems and procedures, and strategic planning.
- Established – Want to do more? As advisors to startups, small and medium enterprises across New Zealand, we understand what it takes to grow and succeed. We look at the balance beyond the books when we develop your business’ growth strategies and advise you on management reporting, debt advisory and capital raising.
- Expanding – Is it time to scale up? Let our senior advisors review, forecast and diagnose areas for you to penetrate or pivot into, without compromising your core business values. Our team can partner with you, and guide you through mergers and acquisitions, debt recovery, asset security, tax structure and planning, and governance frameworks.
- Exiting – Succession planning helps to clarify your company’s journey ahead and solidifies future plans. It also ensures leadership continuity and that your company retains and develops intellectual capital for the future. Here, it’s important to consider business, personal and family expectations while defining the steps needed to turn that end goal into a reality. And we’re here to make the process simple and seamless, guiding you through asset protection, succession planning and management buyouts.
Choosing the right business type can be tricky. We understand structures – from single company formats to multi-level portfolios with numerous entities. Let us talk you through your different options, from a company, partnership, or limited partnership to a look-through company or Trust. We’ll seek to understand your goals for the future to ensure that you get this important decision right from the start.
Tax Planning & Structure
If you’re buying or selling property or a business, or perhaps a large business asset, the key is maximizing your tax position – and get it right from the start. At Auctus, we’re a team of experts at small business accounting as well as business advisors who can help you manage your obligations and transactions, while eliminating the overwhelming amount of taxation information out there. We’ll share practical tax solutions and plan your tax structure (personal or business) so you can have peace of mind, right from the get-go.
Innovation answers the question, how can we address a specific challenge (with a product, service or process, etc) in a way that increases value for both our customers and our company?
Systems & Procedures
We can help you identify who’s who, and who’s doing what (or not) in your business. We’ll carry out an organisational review that distinguishes departments, roles, functions, and responsibilities so that you can shape future direction. This process identifies vital issues that can then be considered early, saving you time and money in efficiencies.
Strategy Development & Implementation
An effective business strategy serves as a blueprint for the different aspects of running your business, from hiring to organisational structure. We’re dedicated to helping you lower your risks, strengthen your operations, and implement an effective plan of action to heighten your business strategy. From high-end reviews of business models, we can work with you to effectively identify strategic initiatives that support your objectives and growth plan.
Software & Systems Support
The world we live in is constantly evolving, and as business owners we must too. Here at Auctus, we want you to leverage the benefits of integrations in your organisations.
Cloud systems can transform how your business operates and create serious time advantages whilst improving business performance. Solutions to those tricky areas could be right at your fingertips – let us minimise any fear or confusion and help you embrace new technology. We’re a proud Xero Platinum Partner, but also work with various software and customisable systems to improve the efficiency of your operation.
Digital tools and apps are the way of the future – and we’re happy to say, we’re already there.
When we walk a mile in your shoes, we get the inside information on how you work, your pressure points and insight into what has happened in the past, and what’s happening now.
We know it can be confusing, but if you want to save time, have a life outside of paperwork and be smart with your business then start uploading, downloading, and installing! We’ll transform how you access your data and make sure you’re getting the best from the tools you use.